CouponsToTroops’ list of Overseas Military Families includes families stationed in Bahrain, Belgium, Cuba, Germany, Guam, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Puerto Rico, South Korea, Spain, Turkey and the United Kingdom. There are 2 main stores on the military bases: the Commissary (similar to our grocery stores) and the Exchange (similar to our Walmart or Target stores). Both the Commissary and the Exchange accept coupons up to 6 months past the printed expiration date. Unfortunately for the families who are stationed overseas though, coupons are not readily available like here in the US, so the families have to rely on the kindness of others who are willing to mail their expired and extra coupons over to them.
Our military families stationed overseas CAN use the following types of coupons:
- Coupons that state that they are manufacturer’s coupons.
- Catalina coupons for $$$ a specific product that is also a manufacturer’s coupon (for example $1.00 off 1 package of Kraft cheese or 35¢ off Dannon yogurt)
- Coupons from all sources provided they are manufacturer’s coupons (Insert coupons, tearpads, printable coupons, booklet coupons, peelies, winetags, etc)
Our military families stationed overseas CANNOT use the following types of coupons:
- Store specific coupons (for example: Walgreens, Target, Publix, etc)
- Restaurant coupons (for example: Olive Garden, Pizza Hut, Dominoes, Red Lobster, etc)
- Local coupons (for example: coupons good at a dry cleaner in your town)
Making sure the coupons you send to your military family are coupons that they can actually use them is important. It saves them time weeding out coupons that are no use for them AND saves YOU postage.
***Remember our military families stationed overseas can use coupons that are expired up to 6 months past their expiration date, however they can also use any unexpired coupons you may have and are not using too.